Megawide Buys Into Diliman-España Railway Project
BY DORIS DUMLAO-ABADILLA
PHILIPPINE DAILY INQUIRER
Construction and infrastructure group Megawide Construction Corp. has acquired a controlling stake in the PNR East-West Railway project, which involves putting up a 9.77-kilometer railway line from Diliman, Quezon City along the corridor of Quezon Avenue up to Espana Boulevard in Manila.
In a disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange on Wednesday [July 12, 2017], A.Brown Co. Inc. said the consortium of East-West Rail Transit Corp. (EWRTC) – which it is part of – had agreed to give Megawide the right to participate in this unsolicited project as an additional consortium member with the right to acquire up to 60 percent of the special purpose vehicle for this railway project.
As such, the consortium will now be composed of EWRTC, Alloy MTD and Megawide, the disclosure said.
Related news stories:
– Megawide dips into railways via PNR’s Metro Manila line by Iris Gonzales (The Philippine Star)
– Megawide joins East-West railway project from Diliman by Emmie V. Abadilla (Manila Bulletin)
– Megawide sets rail foray by Imee Charlee C. Delavin (Business World)
– Megawide joins Quezon City to Manila railway project (ABS-CBN News)
– Megawide set to buy stake in rail project by Darwin G. Amojelar (Manila Standard)
– Megawide joins East-West Railway Project by Angelica Ballesteros (The Manila Times)